In line with the gradual lifting of public health measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, Heritage Malta is re-opening six of its sites and museums.
Fort St Elmo – National War Museum, Fort St Angelo, Ħaġar Qim and Mnajdra Temples, the Tarxien Temples, Ġgantija Temples, as well as the National Museum of Archaeology, will be open between 10am and 5pm (last admission at 4.30pm) every Saturday and Sunday during the month of June.
Admission FREE of charge.
Important guidelines to follow during your visit
- Please take note of the signage on site with instructions on how to behave once inside the museum / site.
- Observe the social distance rule of 2 meters between other visitors and staff members.
- Before admission, each visitor will have his / her temperature checked. Our staff on site will not permit anyone with a high temperature (over 37 degrees) to gain access. Entry will also be refused to any visitor who is visibly unwell or showing respiratory symptoms. This refusal will also automatically include any accompanying person/s since these might be asymptomatic.
- The name, surname and ID card number of one person per group will be recorded on admission. This is a standard procedure which will facilitate contact tracing should this be required.
- Sanitising facilities will be provided before entry and within other areas inside the premises.
- While indoors, please wear a MASK / VISOR at all times. Visitors are to bring their own mask / visor. Masks will be available at the front office desk for a donation of 1 Euro. Access to indoor areas will not be granted to those not wearing a mask / visor.
- Please note that audio guides, 4D shows, touch screens and hands on exhibits will not be available.
- Lockers and cloakroom facilities will not be available.
- Payments will be accepted via credit card only. Cash payments will not be accepted.
- The use of lifts are being restricted to visitors suffering from mobility problems.
Press Releases | 30th September 2022
A day of free guided tours and re-enactments at Fort Delimara
News | 29th September 2022
HM TV features ongoing works at Villa Guardamangia
Press Releases | 29th September 2022
An eventful weekend as Heritage Malta marks the European Heritage Days